Milestone charges a mileage charge and reefer hour charge (if applicable) on Standard Maintenance rentals and leases. As a standard practice, mileage/hours usage are estimated and agreed to by both parties at rental or lease inception and billed on a monthly basis. At termination, the actual miles/hours incurred will be netted against the estimated miles/hours billed during the rental and additional charges will then apply. Any required service during the rental or lease period is to be performed at a Milestone branch or an approved vendor location.
Milestone Trailer Leasing is responsible for the following to take place at our facility or approved vendor:
- Inspect, lubricate, and provide maintenance for normal wear and tear at approved maintenance intervals.
- Replace tires and brakes on the vehicle in accordance with Federal and State vehicle safety regulations.
- Perform annual FMCSA inspections.
- Perform PM on refrigerated unit every 1,500 hours or once per year.
- Perform PM on liftgates every 90 days.
- Maintain current licensing of owned equipment.
Customer is responsible for the following:
- Deliver to a Milestone Trailer Leasing or approved vendor maintenance location each Vehicle requiring inspection, tire or brake replacement, maintenance, or repairs required to be performed by Lessor.
- Provide daily safety inspections and maintain proper axle lubricant levels, tire inflation and flat tire repairs, brake operation and lighting.
- Maintain the vehicle in the same condition as when it was rented/leased by the customer, excepting normal wear and tear, making all necessary repairs and replacements. All repairs must be completed according to Milestone repair specifications.
- Any modifications to Milestone Trailer Leasing units must be pre-approved in writing.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for tires damaged by improper inflation, impact breaks, running flat or flat spotted tires.
- All tires replaced on the road must be returned to Milestone Trailer Leasing facility for evaluation if Milestone is expected to pay for the tire.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive tire wear for tread worn off in excess of 1/32 per 5,000 miles for bias and 1/32 per 10,000 miles for radial tires. Excess tread is to be charged at contract rate per 32nd.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive brake wear for brake pads worn off in excess of 1/8 per 12,500 miles traveled. Excess brake wear shall be charged at contract rate per 8th.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for all repairs caused by customer damage as noted on the Turn-In Condition and Repair Standards unless repaired by customer.
- Pay Lessor the fair market value of tires supplied or paid for by Lessor that are not returned with the Vehicles.
- Provide copy of current FMCSA documentation (if performed by customer or vendor of the customer).
- Responsible to ensure each refrigerated unit receives PM servicing every 1,500 hours.
- Responsible to notify and make available each liftgate for PM servicing every 90 days.