Customer is responsible for handling all maintenance and repairs during the rental or lease period. At termination, if tire or brake wear has occurred, customer is charged per 32nd of tire wear and per 1/8 of brake wear. This normal tread and brake wear shall be charged per the rates stated on the lease agreement. Service can be provided to the customer, but all associated costs will be charged back to the customer.
Milestone Trailer Leasing is responsible for the following:
- Comply with all service requirements of any manufacturers’ warranty including any requirement that warranty repairs be performed by an authorized manufacturer’s repair facility.
- Maintain current licensing of owned equipment.
Customer is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for all maintenance required to maintain vehicle in good repair, mechanical condition, running order and in accordance with Federal and State vehicle safety regulations.
- Provide daily safety inspections and maintain proper axle lubricant levels, tire inflation and flat tire repairs, brake operation and lighting.
- Maintain the vehicle in the same condition as when it was rented/leased by the customer, making all necessary repairs and replacements. All repairs must be completed according to Milestone Trailer Leasing repair specifications.
- Any modifications to Milestone Trailer Leasing units must be pre-approved in writing.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for tires damaged by improper inflation, impact breaks, running flat or flat spotted tires.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive tire wear for tread worn off in excess of 1/32 per 5,000 miles for bias and 1/32 per 10,000 miles for radial tires. Excess tread is to be charged at contract rate per 32nd.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive brake wear for brake pads worn off in excess of 1/8 per 12,500 miles traveled. Excess brake wear shall be charged at contract rate per 8th.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for all repairs caused by customer damage as noted on the Turn In Condition and Repair Standards unless repaired by customer.
- Pay Lessor the fair market value of tires supplied or paid for by Lessor that are not returned with the Vehicles.
- Provide copy of current FMCSA documentation (if performed by customer or vendor of the customer).
- Responsible to ensure each refrigerated unit receives PM servicing every 1,500 hours or once per year.
- At the termination of the agreement, customer shall make each refrigerated vehicle available at an authorized refrigerated unit manufacturers’ facility to perform a written certified 4,500 hour inspection. The expense of this inspection, any and all needed repairs to bring each unit up to standards, plus the cartage to and from the inspector’s location will be the customer’s responsibility.
- Perform PM on liftgates every 90 days and provide Milestone with copy of liftgate PM.
- Any and all trailer washing services as required by the customer.