Milestone charges a rate determined by the type of service the customer requires, the location of the customer, the quantity of trailers, and the frequency of the service to be provided. The service depends upon these factors since Milestone provides this service at the customer’s location. The rate and details to the service to be provided are documented and signed by both the customer and an approved person from our company
Milestone Trailer Leasing is responsible for the following to take place at our facility or approved vendor:
- Inspect, lubricate, and provide maintenance for normal wear and tear at customer’s site.
- Replace normal wear tires and brakes on the vehicle in accordance with Federal and State vehicle safety regulations at customer’s site.
- Maintain the vehicle in the same condition as when it was rented/leased by the customer, excepting normal wear and tear, making all necessary repairs and replacements.
- Perform annual FMCSA and other periodic PM’s at customer’s site as specified by the customer and documented in the contract.
- Perform PM on refrigerated unit every 1,500 hours or one year at customer’s site or approved vendor location.
- Perform PM on liftgate every 90 days at customer’s site or approved vendor location.
- Maintain current licensing of Milestone owned equipment.
Customer is responsible for the following:
- Customer must ensure trailers are made available for regular maintenance intervals at customer location.
- Provide daily safety inspections and maintain proper axle lubricant levels, tire inflation and flat tire repairs, brake operation and lighting.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for tires damaged by improper inflation, impact breaks, running flat or flat spotted tires.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive tire wear for tread worn off in excess of 1/32 per 5,000 miles for bias and 1/32 per 10,000 miles for radial tires. Excess tread is to be charged at contract rate per 32nd.
- Reimburse Milestone Trailer Leasing for excessive brake wear for brake pads worn off in excess of 1/8 per 12,500 miles traveled. Excess brake wear shall be charged at contract rate per 8th.
- Reimburse Milestone for all repairs caused by customer damage as noted on the Milestone Turn-In Condition and Repair Standards unless repaired by customer. • Pay Lessor the fair market value of tires supplied or paid for by Lessor that are not returned with the Vehicles.
- Provide Milestone with copy of current FMCSA documentation (if performed by customer or vendor of the customer).
- Responsible to notify and make available each refrigerated unit for PM servicing every 1,500 hours or once per year.
- Responsible to notify and make available each liftgate for PM servicing every 90 days.
- Any and all trailer washing services as required by the customer (unless priced in the Full-Service agreement to include an alternative).